Andrea tagged me for this meme. 🙂
1. Were you married at the time? Yes.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I did the happy dance.
3. How old were you? 28
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I took a home pregnancy test on a hunch. I was only a few days late.
5. Who did you tell first? I told BP and our families and friends right away. I found out early, but was so excited about having a baby. I just couldn’t hold in a secret like that!
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, yes, yes.
7. Due due: October 29, 2004 (My mom’s birthday and same due date as my friend in real life, Jennifer)
8. Did you deliver early or late? I delivered 10 days late. My maternity leave started on my due date. I sat at home for those 10 days and ate away my frustrations.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Nope.
10. What did you crave? All I wanted to do was chew ice. BP went to Zaxby’s and Sonic for cups of ice all hours of the day.
11. Who irritated you the most? I wouldn’t say who, instead the stretch marks and going past my due date irritated me the most.
12. What was your first child’s sex? Male.
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Ok. Remember the time I told you that I sat around and ate my way through frustrations of being late? Yeah. I gained 55+ pounds.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No. I was very fortunate.
15. Where did you give birth? In a hospital.
16. How many hours were you in labor? From Saturday, Nov. 6, 11:30pm until Monday, Nov. 8, 3:07pm. That bit the big one.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? BP drove through approx. 6 red lights the first time we went to the hospital and then stopped at every red light the second time we made our way to there. Yes, I am one of THOSE women who prematurely went to the hospital and was sent home.
18. Who watched? BP. I wasn’t down with everyone seeing me in pain and in all of my glory.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? The good ole’ fashion way. The stork brought him. Heh.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yes, but they let the epidural wear off because I was not pushing right. I felt it all. The ring of fire, the second degree episiotomy, ALL OF IT.
21. How much did your child weigh? 9lbs. 4oz.
22. What did you name him/her? Frick. OK, not really. But for anonymity, that’s what we named him. If you really want to know, email me.
23. How old is your first born today? 3 years old, but turning 4 in a little less than 2 months.
I tag these moms: