I had such fun with this game on Angie’s site.
Here are the rules:
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line or two (unless the first line reveals the song title) from the first 25 songs that play. **If the first line had the title in it, I blanked it out.**
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song title correctly.
**Beware…there are some of my kids’ songs mixed in here. I take my iPod in the car with us and have playlists for the boys. We downloaded theme songs from movies, TV shows, etc. You mommies may be able to guess them!**
1. Jump back, whats that sound ? Here she comes, full blast and top down. Angie (Panama, Van Halen)
2. (title) (title) We’re on our way. To help a friend and save the day. Cassie (Wonder Pets)
3. You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life! See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the (title). Kimberly (Dancing Queen, ABBA)
4. So (title), funny how it seems. Always in time, but never in line for dreams. Head over heels when toe to toe. This is the sound of my soul. This is the sound. Anna and Michelle (True, Spandu Ballet)
5. Oh here it comes again. That funny feelin again winding me up inside. Every time we touch. Hey I dont know. Just tell me where to begin cause I never ever. Felt so much. Mrs. Cox (Why Can’t This Be Love, Van Halen)
6. (dooda-dit-dooda), (dit-dooda-dit-dooda) There’s a port on a western bay. And it serves a hundred ships a day. Lonely sailors pass the time away. And talk about their homes. Amanda (Brandy, The Looking Glass)
7. Now you say you’re lonely . You cry the long night through. Well, you can (title). (title). I (title) over you. Nini (Cry Me a River, Diana Krall’s version)
8. My baby don’t mess around. Because she loves me so. And this I know for shooo… Uh, But does she really wanna. But can’t stand to see me walk out the dooor. Kimberly (Hey Ya! OutKast)
10. Where it began, I can’t begin to know when. But then I know it’s growing strong. Oh, wasn’t the spring, whooo. And spring became the summer. Who’d believe you’d come along. Cassie (Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond)
11. Where is the moment we needed the most. You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost. They tell me your blue skies fade to gray. They tell me your passion’s gone away. And I don’t need no carryin’ on. Michelle (Bad Day, Daniel Powter–my version was Alvin and the Chipmunks)
12. An angels smile is what you sell. You promise me heaven, then put me through hell. Chains of love got a hold on me. When passions a prison, you can’t break free. Kimberly (Livin’ On a Prayer, Bon Jovi)
13. (title) to be loved by anyone. (title) to have fun with anyone. But when I see you hanging about with anyone. (title) to see me cry, oh I wanna’ die. Lynette (It’s Not Unusual, Tom Jones–I LOVE this song!)
15. Oh the morning sun in all its glory greets the day with hope and comfort too. And you fill my life with laughter. You can make it better. Ease my troubles thats what you do. Mimi (Have I Told You Lately, Van Morrison–I like this version better, too!)
16. I’m American made Bud Light,Chevrolet. My momma taught me wrong from right. I was born in the South. Sometimes I have a big mouth. When I see something that I don’t like, I gotta say it. Nini (Real Gone, Sheryl Crow)
17. Poor old Johnny Ray, sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono. Our mothers cried and sang along and who’d blame them. Now you’re grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever. Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye and we can sing just like our fathers. Angie (Come on Eileen, Dexy’s Midnight Runners)
19. I’ve been searching a long time for someone exactly like you. I’ve been travelling all around the world, waiting for you to come through. (title) makes it all worth while. (title) keeps me satisfied. someone exactly like you.
20. Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. She would merengue and do the cha-cha . Amanda and Mimi (Copacabana, Barry Manilow–told ya I was a Fanilow!!)
21. I‘m sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea. I’ve got to be free, free to face the life thats ahead of me. On board, Im the captain, so climb aboard. Well search for tomorrow on every shore. And Ill try, oh lord, Ill try to carry on. Cassie (Come Sail Away, Styx)
22. Well, its a marvelous night for a (title). With the stars up above in your eyes. A fantabulous night to make romance neath the cover of October skies. Mimi (Moondance, Van Morrison)
24. Life’s like a road that you travel on. There’s one day here and the next day gone. Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand. Sometimes you turn your back to the wind. Angie (Life is a Highway, Tom Cochran–although the version I have on my iPod is Rascal Flatts (From the movie Cars for my kids)–I agree, Angie…Tom’s version is better!)
25. In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream. At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines. Mimi (Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen)
**Now get to guessing! I will update this post as I get your comments!**